Is it possible to have Contentment in our daily life? I believe it is, even in the midst of chaos, stress and anxiety. Try this: take a deep breath or two; relax. Lower your shoulders. Relax your fingers and toes. Breathe in again and calm your mind. Read this virtue card of Contentment. Breathe it in, feel it. Remember a time when you felt contentment. What was it like?
Whenever I read this virtue card, I am hopeful. I can reflect on each line and remember how to be content. I have experienced contentment. But how can I bring it into my daily life, in the midst of stress and anxiety? See if these ways are helpful to you.
- Read the card again, line by line, and slowly.
- Read it out loud, if you can.
- Reflect on each line and visualize, remember, or imagine what that was like.
- Feel the emotion of each experience you have had with Contentment or what you would like to have. Take your time and feel it.
- Write down two or three things you are grateful for right now.
- Read the Practice of Contentment and the affirmation at the bottom of the card, out loud.
- Breathe it in and accept this virtue in your life.
- When you get stressed, remember those feelings and choose to go to Contentment.
Have a beautiful day!
Thank you, Linda Kavelin-Popov, for writing these beautiful Virtues Reflection Cards. Order them at https://virtuesshop.com/ Also available as an app at www.virtuescards.org